SQL Maestro Group announces the release of PostgreSQL Maestro 9.2, a
powerful Windows GUI solution for PostgreSQL administration and database
1. SQL Editor: support for explicit transaction management has been
implemented. Now you can execute queries either in autocommit mode (default
behavior) or manage transactions manually. In the second case you have to
issue the BEGIN statement to start a transaction and explicitly end the
transaction by COMMIT or ROLLBACK statements (it is also possible to use the
corresponding links at the editor's navigation bar).
2. Notices and warning messages generated by the server are now displayed in
SQL Editor and SQL Script Editor.
3. Table inheritance management has been improved. Starting with this
version you can add and drop parent tables for existing tables as well as
open a parent table editor directly from the child table one.
4. Field Editor: now it is possible to select some predefined default values
such as CURRENT_USER for VARCHAR columns or CURRENT_TIMESTAMP for TIMESTAMP
columns from the list instead of entering them manually.
5. PL/pgSQL Debugger: debug API functions are not displayed unless the "Show
system objects" option is turned ON.
6. Remote database management via HTTP tunneling: the connection script now
can be stored in a password protected directory.
7. Data Export wizard has been significantly improved. Now you can export
data to Microsoft Office Excel 2007, Microsoft Office Word 2007,
OpenDocument Spreadsheed, and OpenDocument Text file formats and select the
result file encoding (ANSI, UTF8, UTF16, UTF32, OEM, Mac). Also the wizard
has been completely redesigned to increase the usability.
8. Visual Query Builder has been dramatically improved. Now it can produce
INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE statements as well as the SELECT statements
containing subqueries and/or UNIONs.
9. Trigger Editor: the Code Completion feature becomes available for the NEW
and OLD keywords.
10. SQL Editor: starting with this version PostgreSQL Maestro highlights the
error line after executing an erroneous query.
11. An Italian localization is now included into the installation package.
12. Data grid: starting with this version it is possible to allow displaying
row numbers in grids.
13. Tabbed MDI interface: a popup menu has been added to each tab.
14. All schema object (table, view, function, etc) editors: the tab captions
are now displayed as object(at)schema instead of schema.object. This should
increase the usability while working with a lot of objects in the same
Full press release:
SQL Maestro Group is engaged in developing complete database admin and
management tools for MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, PostgreSQL, SQL
Anywhere, SQLite, Firebird and MaxDB providing the highest performance,
scalability and reliability to meet the requirements of today's database
The SQL Maestro Group Team
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: Tatsuo Ishii||Date: 2009-03-02 13:57:55|
|Subject: pgpool-II 2.2 and pgpoolAdmin 2.2 are released|
|Previous:||From: David Fetter||Date: 2009-03-02 04:36:33|
|Subject: == PostgreSQL Weekly News - March 01 2009 ==|