"Mark Cave-Ayland" <m(dot)cave-ayland(at)webbased(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> Thanks for your reply. I found that I got a "better" backtrace by
> executing a couple of commands in the psql.exe session before creating
> the index. The improved backtrace was given below:
Ah, I think I know the problem: you haven't updated your code to conform
to the recently-revised API for GIST index support functions. You need
to look at these diffs:
2004-03-30 10:45 teodor
src/backend/access/gist/gist.c, src/include/access/gist.h: Cleanup
vectors of GISTENTRY and eliminate problem with 64-bit
strict-aligned boxes. Change interface to user-defined GiST support
methods union and picksplit. Now instead of bytea struct it used
special GistEntryVector structure.
There should be some discussion in the pgsql-hackers archives, too.
I think the direct cause of the crash is you're computing the wrong
number of elements in the passed GISTENTRY vector and iterating off the
end of the actually allocated vector.
regards, tom lane
In response to
pgsql-hackers-win32 by date
|Next:||From: De_Spike||Date: 2004-05-26 19:57:13|
|Subject: Primary Key results in endless loop|
|Previous:||From: Mark Cave-Ayland||Date: 2004-05-26 13:54:44|
|Subject: Re: Win32 GiST bug - more info|