Performance RAID 0

From: mange <lirarmange(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Performance RAID 0
Date: 2009-09-29 19:13:55
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,
I have a pretty small database on my home computer (~25Gb). I have three
250Gb HDDs.

My setup was 1 HDD for OS (Windows XP) and the other 2 HDD in RAID 0 for
postgre database.
Will I see any performance improvement if I instead have 1 HDD for OS, 1 HDD
for pg_xlog and 1HDD for the database?

or do you suggest another setup?
(I'm not really concerned about the redundancy for the database, that's why
I used RAID 0 up till now, but would save some time if the performance
difference is small compared to 3 independent disks)

/Magnus