Failed SSL Connection

From: "David Patricola" <david(dot)patricola(at)jefferson(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Failed SSL Connection
Date: 2011-03-30 14:27:18
Lists: pgsql-novice
I have an SSL enabled Redhat postgres box running.  I'm trying to connect to
it via remote client running ColdFusion 8, which is basically Java.  I
inserted root.crt into the Java cacerts storage and restarted the service.
I connect via pgAdmin3 in ssl mode also, so my certificates are valid.

I'm connecting as follows:

url - jdbc:postgresql://x.x.x.x/main?ssl

driver class - org.postgresql.Driver

I can connect to the above server unencrypted.  The only error message I get
is "The root cause was that: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The
connection attempt failed." And log files are terribly sparse on the
details.

My question is where does the handshake fault lie?

David Patricola | Senior Cold Fusion Developer | Web Applications & Services
| Jefferson Information Technologies

Thomas Jefferson Universtiy | Philadelphia, PA | 215.503.1715 (Office)

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Brent DombrowskiDate: 2011-03-30 14:57:20