Database alias

From: Florian Weimer <fweimer(at)bfk(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database alias
Date: 2011-08-24 08:30:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

We've got some systems which use a historic database name and would like
to transition them to our current naming scheme. Is there support for
some form of database aliases?

The alias doesn't need to be visible in server responses, so we could
probably add a kludge to the server code which rewrites the database
name in incoming connection requests. 8-/

--
Florian Weimer <fweimer(at)bfk(dot)de>
BFK edv-consulting GmbH http://www.bfk.de/