Re: How do you get the year from a postgresql DATE?

From: "(dot)(dot)(dot)tharas" <tharasp(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How do you get the year from a postgresql DATE?
Date: 2009-10-24 00:33:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

If column fu is of data type DATE, you could use
SELECT EXTRACT(YEAR FROM fu) FROM mydate;
and if it is varchar, you convert it to date using to_date()
SELECT EXTRACT(YEAR FROM to_date(fu, <your pattern>)) FROM mydate;

Regards.

Thara

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 5:36 AM, Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com