Re: server crash, need to restore DB functionality

From: "e t" <albunix(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: server crash, need to restore DB functionality
Date: 2008-04-30 12:15:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

All,

thanks for your kind reply.

We are indeed running rhel 2 es, as our application requires such.

I was able to correct this, including permission error, by

1)getting a right after the crash dump of the DB
2)dropping the DB
3)re-installing the RPM's via force option
4)re-importing the DB

I am not aware of how one re-indexes the table(s)

Is there any options or what's the syntax to do so,
in case we ever will need such in the future.

Thank you.