Re: build environment: a different makefile

From: Paul van den Bogaard <Paul(dot)Vandenbogaard(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: build environment: a different makefile
Date: 2008-03-28 07:33:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Peter,

finally I had a chance to check it out. One word: perfect!

Thanks
Paul

On 25-feb-2008, at 19:09, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 6. Februar 2008 schrieb Paul van den Bogaard:
>> I was hoping someone in the community already has a makefile that
>> "just" creates object files from C-sources directly that I can use to
>> try out the effect of in-lining to the performance of postgres.
>
> This is now the default in 8.4devel.  Let us know what you find out.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut
> http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/
>
> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------

---------------------
Paul van den Bogaard
Paul(dot)vandenBogaard(at)sun(dot)com
ISV-E  -- ISV Engineering, Opensource Engineering group

Sun Microsystems, Inc                              phone:        +31
334 515 918
Saturnus 1
extentsion: x (70)15918
3824 ME Amersfoort                                 mobile:       +31
651 913 354
The Netherlands
fax:            +31 334 515 001