Re: What in the world is happening on spoonbill?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pg-andrew(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org
Subject: Re: What in the world is happening on spoonbill?
Date: 2008-08-23 21:23:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Yes, I started on it. The problem is that we have very little real
> estate available on the dashboard to display it. I tried making it
> available as a tooltip but Tom didn't like that much (in private
> correspondence), and I didn't get back to doing something else. But the
> database changes are there. So, how/where would people like member
> annotations displayed?

Hmm, well, a tooltip is certainly better than nothing at all.

I don't recall exactly what I said about tooltips in the mail you're
referring to, but the main objection I can think of right now is that
I'm not sure all browsing setups support tooltips nicely.

Perhaps another way is to include the machine description details in
the per-animal status history page, eg in or under the "System Detail"
bit at
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=spoonbill&br=HEAD