Re: Connecting from xp to linux server

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brsaweda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connecting from xp to linux server
Date: 2008-06-07 15:55:55
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi Simone!

On Jun 7, 9:28 am, s(dot)gad(dot)(dot)(dot)(at)geologyx(dot)it (Simone Gadenz) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is the problem I am facing.
>
> I have PG 8.3 running on a KUBUNTU installation running on a virtual
> machine. From inside the virtual machine I can use PGADMIN to manage PG
> but when I try to connect from the xp machine I have this error: "Error
> connecting to the server:FATAL: missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file" .
>
> I set the permission in the pg_hba.conf on the server.
>
> The machine talk each oher, I can ping and use telnet on the 5432 port.
>
> The log on the server does not report any problem.
>
> Ideas?

This error message comes from the server: "FATAL: missing or erroneous
pg_hba.conf file" .
You should probably consider what the error message says: the server
either cannot find the pg_hba.conf file or the file is erroneous.

For further questions turn to
   pgsql.admin (pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org)
or
   pgsql.general (pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org)

Regards
Erwin