RE: [INTERFACES] Visual Basic interface (Help needed)

From: "Mengelbier, Magnus" <Magnus(dot)Mengelbier(at)clinicaldatacare(dot)com>
To: "'Michael Doyle'" <relyod(at)co-operation-ireland(dot)ie>
Cc: "'Ansley, Michael'" <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec(dot)co(dot)za>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] Visual Basic interface (Help needed)
Date: 1999-09-29 11:04:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

You can optimize the connection further by taking a look how your
information is stored and the processing done in the VB interface. You
could slim down the data traveling between the interface and database by
doing some preprocessing on the database end. My experience has found that
you can sometimes do more than half of the processing in database packages
and just show the results.

Magnus