Re: Sample databases

From: "David Rowley" <dgrowley(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "'Tommy Gibbons'" <tomgig(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sample databases
Date: 2008-09-29 22:11:04
Lists: pgsql-general
Tommy Gibbons wrote:

>I would like some pointers as to how to install the dbsamples so that I can
use them in Postgres.  These .tar.qz files seem to contain *.sql files.
These seem to be text files but I do not understand how to > import to
postgres or if there is some command line command to run.

> These samples are on
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/projects/pgFoundry/dbsamples/

You can use psql to import .sql files. Once your logged into psql you can \i
<filename> to import the files. Have a look at the other options too with \?

You may wish to create a database before importing the files, see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/sql-createdatabase.html

David.