Re: [INTERFACES] Data types and binary data

From: James Olin Oden <joden(at)lee(dot)k12(dot)nc(dot)us>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Matthew Hagerty <matthew(at)wolfepub(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Data types and binary data
Date: 1998-08-20 11:39:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> I also forgot to discuss the "oid" type; if there are any others missing
> from the docs let me know. Others should speak up too if they see
> omissions; that's "my" chapter :)

Well, I don't know if it belongs in that chapter, but I have been unable to
find anything documented concerning the catalogues. The other day someone
sent an email with a shell script that did a select onpg_database (which I
did not know existed). It was really cool, because, he could get the list
of the database names, and insure that he truly backed _everything_ up.
Anyway, I would like to see that part of the postgres documented (if its not
already, and I have just not looked hard enough).

Thanks...james