Backup / Restore help

From: Ben Mitchell <ben(at)mitchellfamily(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backup / Restore help
Date: 2005-08-31 03:41:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I've got a problem, I'm hoping someone can help me with.

It appears that my hosting provider has "restored" my database as
part of a maintenance project. The problem is that the backup didn't
include my large objects.

I've got an older backup that has all the large objects, but I don't
know how to partially restore just the large objects. Neither do I
want to overwrite the other data, leaving the database at an earlier
snapshot than is absolutely necessary.

Is there a way to restore just the large objects from a backup tar
created by pg_dump, leaving the rest of the database intact?

Thanks,
-Ben Mitchell