Re: Wikipedia on Postgres (was Re: postgresql vs mysql)

From: "Chad Wagner" <chad(dot)wagner(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Bill Moran" <wmoran(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com>
Cc: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Jim Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>, "Brandon Aiken" <BAiken(at)winemantech(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Wikipedia on Postgres (was Re: postgresql vs mysql)
Date: 2007-02-23 11:31:09
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2/23/07, Bill Moran <wmoran(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com> wrote:

> I installed wikipgdia for the WPLUG wiki:
> http://wplug.ece.cmu.edu/wiki/

Isn't that the same wikipgedia that is found at pgFoundry? The only issue I
really had the the wikipgedia port is that the codebase is 1.6alpha, and it
seemed like it wasn't being actively maintained anymore (infact that is what
the description says), so I am not sure it has all of the bug fixes up to
1.6.10.

In any case if anyone is interested I was able to reproduce the changes that
wikipgedia made and applied those changes (as well as others) all the way up
to the 1.6.10 codebase. The only reason I mention this is because 1.6 is
the only choice for PHP4 users. If anyone is interested I can provide the
codebase, the schema still has to be created manually as was the case with
wikipgedia.