Re: 2007 DST change not working

From: "Chad Wagner" <chad(dot)wagner(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Frank Bax" <fbax(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 2007 DST change not working
Date: 2007-01-04 15:01:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 1/4/07, Frank Bax <fbax(at)sympatico(dot)ca> wrote:

> I still haven't found the zone files on my system. The file I dumped in a
> thing).

I would imagine if you are using OpenBSD then they are probably in
/usr/local/share/pgsql/timezone, that seems to be the norm for non-core BSD
code.

I think I'll do the "US/Eastern" work around for now. I notice that I must
> reload tables for this work correctly (or did I miss something)? I'm
> still
> testing upgrade from 7.3.5 to 8.1.5, so reoad is not a problem this time.

I would imagine if your data is already stored with the "old" time zone,
then it would need to be reloaded. If the backend converts everything to
GMT then it would have done the conversion incorrectly due to the outdate
time zone maps, or if the backend stores the time zone with the row then
since the time zone maps have not been updated then it would still be
incorrect.

I used to install from source about 5 years ago; but now I've been spoiled
> by binary packages from OpenBSD. They have 8.1.5, but not yet 8.2
> available yet.

Yep, rpm has spoiled me for years on Linux. I remember the mid 90's and
building Linux 1.2.13 and 2.0 kernels, enabling and disabling features,
rebooting, total nightmare. Best two software solutions are loadable
modules and packages. :)