Re : Crashing v1.6.2 with a syntax error

From: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re : Crashing v1.6.2 with a syntax error
Date: 2007-02-21 07:58:53
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hello Erwin,

I am interested in the part "I get an error message with only the error code".

I have the same problem, however in the rest of your message you do have an error message with the error code
    SQL state: 42601
    Character: 1"

How do you achieve this ?

My problem is that, if my database is in UTF-8, I will not get any error messages, just the code.
Is that the same for you ? Have you found a solution to have an error message ?
So far we have not been able to reproduce this error: it seems its due to my PG server configuration (Ubuntu with French locale), other configurations (including on WinXP machine) work fine.

Cheers,
L(at)u
The Computing Froggy