RE: [INTERFACES] Three posts and no response 8--(

From: Daren Sefcik <daren(at)partnersdata(dot)com>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] Three posts and no response 8--(
Date: 1999-07-13 15:23:32
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tuesday, July 13, 1999 6:57 AM, Tom Lane [SMTP:tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us]
wrote:
> Daren Sefcik <daren(at)partnersdata(dot)com> writes:
> > I know there must be somebody out there who can help me this,I need
help
> > with getting psqlodbc working on Solaris 2.6..when I try to run the
.so
> > file I get the following error:
>
> > /opt/ISLIodbc/2.11/bin/qetestlib: fatal: relocation error: file
> > /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpsqlodbc.so: symbol shutdown: referenced
symbol
> > not found
>
> This looks like libpsqlodbc.so hasn't been linked to libc.so properly.
>
> Unfortunately, every flavor of Unix seems to have different ideas
about
> how shared libs should be built :-(, and I have no idea what the magic
> incantation may be on Solaris.  A lot of Unixes require "-lc" to be
> mentioned when linking a shlib that makes use of libc.  You might
> check whether that's happening when libpsqlodbc is built.

How would I go about this..??
I am basically just untarring the archive, doing a configure --with-odbc
and then make, make install.
I do not get any fatal errors, everything completes and installs fine
and postgresql works fine as well.
Should I be doing it different???
I get the feeling I need to add a switch to a makefile or edit my
environment path or something but am
not sure what.

> Which version of Postgres are you using, anyway, and which port
> (solaris_i386 or solaris_sparc)?

Sparc Solaris.

Thanks...
Daren