Re: pgAdmin 1.3.76

From: "Armbrust, Daniel C(dot)" <Armbrust(dot)Daniel(at)mayo(dot)edu>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin 1.3.76
Date: 2002-08-19 16:53:24
Lists: pgadmin-support

Thanks Dave! I checked my following previously reported errors against the new current version:

* SELECT MAX(`OID_key`) AS RECCOUNT FROM `OID_root`CREATE SEQUENCE "OID_root_OID_key_key" START 356
* Notice the back ticks (`) around OID_key. These promptly cause an error (illegal syntax I think it was?)
* which causes an abort and a rollback of the migration.

This bug magically disappeared with this version

* In version the new version, when I connect to my database, it doesn't show me any of my tables with the
* new version. I believe that this may have something to do with the fact that my table names contain
* capital letters....

This was never a bug... (darn blind users reporting bugs that didn't really exist)... they were hiding under the schema... : )

*Database Migration Wizard Plugin for pgAdmin II 1.2.0 does not properly handle empty strings from an MS
* Access Database.
* When processing a column with a data type of Text, which is required but allows 0 length fields, and
* it encounters an empty string "", instead of passing the value as "", it just leaves out that column,
* which causes the database to try to set it to NULL, but NULL is not a legal value for the column.

Fixed. Works perfectly for me now.

* The download for pgAdminII v1.3.60 (Alpha release) on
* http://pgadmin.postgresql.org/downloads/ is > broken.
*
* The zip
* file gives a crc error when you try to unzip it.

This turns out to be some sort of odd error with Mozilla, however, both version 1.2 and 1.3.76 work fine when downloaded with mozila. I reported it to Mozilla, and while it was not previously unheard of, most people reported back wfm (works for me)

Daniel C. Armbrust
Medical Informatics Research
Information Services
Mayo Clinic Rochester