migration problems with 1.3.60 alpha + gui issues

From: "Armbrust, Daniel C(dot)" <Armbrust(dot)Daniel(at)mayo(dot)edu>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: migration problems with 1.3.60 alpha + gui issues
Date: 2002-08-14 17:36:32
Lists: pgadmin-support

When attempting to migrate a set of tables from an access database using version 1.3.60 alpha, According to the log file, the following SQL was generated:

SELECT MAX(`OID_key`) AS RECCOUNT FROM `OID_root`CREATE SEQUENCE "OID_root_OID_key_key" START 356

Notice the back ticks (`) around OID_key. These promptly cause an error (illegal syntax I think it was?) which causes an abort and a rollback of the migration.

This works with version 1.2.0.

Additionally, in version 1.3.60 alpha, when I launch the program, the lower right pane where "Definition" is does not get painted until I click on something that causes data to go there. It stays transparent at first (I can see my desktop through it)

Last:
In version the new version, when I connect to my database, it doesn't show me any of my tables with the new version. I believe that this may have something to do with the fact that my table names contain capital letters (I'm new to postgres, is uppercase and postgres a bad thing?) - however, this works in the old version. I'm currently testing the capital letter theory. It appears that the calls must be surrounded in quotes? And the new version is not doing it?

Daniel C. Armbrust
Medical Informatics Research
Information Services
Mayo Clinic Rochester