Re: [BUGS] Bug: Inserting

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: kimmo(at)lahdensi(dot)vu
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, kimmol(at)tulppaani(dot)com
Subject: Re: [BUGS] Bug: Inserting
Date: 1999-12-17 17:00:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs

kimmol(at)duniversum(dot)com (Kimmo Lahdensivu) writes:
> There was one common thing to all the situations I was unable to insert.
> They were made using postgresql library of php3 (3.0.9). There were no
> error messages or anything but the data just didn't appear in the db.

I think PHP is one of the interfaces that has "autocommit" control (a
seriously misnamed feature IMHO). What this really means is that your
changes *don't* get committed until you say so, because the interface
library issues a BEGIN WORK behind-your-back. If you disconnect without
having done the correct incantation to cause a COMMIT, presto: all your
work is rolled back.

I don't know PHP well enough to know the magic incantation, however...