Re: ODBC and Boolean

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Grahame Jordan <gjordan(at)geicp(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC and Boolean
Date: 2007-01-09 03:46:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc
> I am using postgres8.1 on a Debian etch machine and am trying to port an
> access database to postgres.  I have installed the latest ODBC driver on
> WinXP (psqlodbc-08_02_0200.zip) and most things work OK.
>
> The most problematic are the checkboxes.  At first they work OK but after a
> while when setting a checkbox we get an error that seems to keep on
> happening.
>
> "The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try
> inserting or pasting less data"
>
> Once it gets in this state it seems to stick. Even tried rebooting.
> I believe that the query is not getting past the ODBC driver as I can see no
> activity on the back end.

I used the recommendation from this link and ever since I have not had any problems linking
boolean fields to checkboxes.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2006-09/msg00103.php

When I read threads like this, it makes me wish I know postgresql a whole lot better. :)

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.