Any Excel Experts

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: PDX PostgreSQL Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Any Excel Experts
Date: 2011-05-05 22:20:22
Lists: pdxpug
Fellow database fans,

We're looking for someone who lives and breathes Microsoft Excel to detangle a large collection of worksheets and work it into a more generalizable format for publication as part of an environmental open data project.  We're talking 5-6 years of data collected willy-nilly into 120 worksheets and held together with links, formulas, and duct tape. The ideal candidate will be:

* An expert in Excel 10
* Able to consolidate the worksheets down to a single workbook.
* Able to downgrade the worksheet to Excel 97 format
* Able to convert the worksheet to OpenOffice.org or Gnumeric and fix the breakage
* Available to complete this task before June 15th.
* Has experience and interest in the publication of open data

Anybody qualified for this, or know someone who is?

Thanks!

David

pdxpug by date

Next:From: Rich ShepardDate: 2011-05-05 22:48:03