Re: Replication: slave is in permanent startup 'recovery'

From: "Henry C(dot)" <henka(at)cityweb(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replication: slave is in permanent startup 'recovery'
Date: 2011-04-14 08:16:28
Lists: pgsql-general

> However, a SELECT eventually fails with "canceling statement due to conflict
> with recovery".
>
> Where else can I check, or what else can I do to determine what the problem
> is?

...or maybe there _is_ no problem.

select count(*) from big_table; -- will fail because it's long-lived and rows
are changing (deletes, inserts, updates) underneath it.

select * from big_table where id=nnn; -- succeeds because the window for
something in that particular row to change during the select is too small.

All's good!

Sorry about the noise.