Re: setQueryTimeout

From: User <user2037(at)ymail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: setQueryTimeout
Date: 2009-07-07 14:52:12
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
According to my tests the 8.2 driver does not actually enforce the "setQueryTimeout" value regardless of which version of Postgresql is used on the back-end.

The new "socketTimeout" connection option may be used as a kind of 'global' query time-out as it applies to all queries for the connection. However, it is based on socket time-out yet must be caught as a PSQLException or Exception.

Regardless, "setQueryTimeout" enforcement would really help with some enterprise applications which need to enforce real-time constraints.