Inherting triggers

From: Dev <dev_hyd2001(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Inherting triggers
Date: 2008-09-10 08:02:34
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

        I have a special schema created with a database definition which I use to create new databases in postgres. This schema also has a trigger definition. When databases are created using this schema , the triggers also get created but if in the future I want to modify the trigger, how does that work ? Will the trigger have to be modified in every database that was created using this schema or will just modifying the trigger in the main schema automatically modify the trigger in all the databases which were ever created using this schema ?

/Dev

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Steve TDate: 2008-09-10 10:20:16