How to update Remote DB using trigger?

From: "Natrayan Kuppusamy - CTD , Chennai" <natrayank(at)hcltech(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to update Remote DB using trigger?
Date: 2005-09-08 08:58:42
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

I am using two Postgre databases in my application. Both are in different in
machine.
My requirement is that when one database(primary) gets updated then the
another database(secondary) should also get updated with the same
information updated in primary database.
I think trigger will help in this.
But I am not sure about the connection to remote database from stored
procedure.
Can anyone help me?

Regards,
Natrayan.
DISCLAIMER
This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that is confidential, proprietary to HCL Technologies
and its customers. Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the
individual or the entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to
read, forward, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer