Re: Database update problem from crontab on ubuntu server

From: "Medi Montaseri" <montaseri(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Phillip Smith" <phillip(dot)smith(at)weatherbeeta(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "David Jorjoliani" <djorj(at)mysoft(dot)ge>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database update problem from crontab on ubuntu server
Date: 2008-04-21 03:35:16
Lists: pgsql-admin
The usual trap in cron usage is the fact that crontab commands are executed
in a cleanroom environment, ie no environment variable is used/inherited, so
PATH, HOME, PGDATA, etc are not set/available when the command is launched.

You can set vars or be very explicit in your script including DB names, DB
Users, etc