Re: how to create dir using pg/plsql

From: "Medi Montaseri" <montaseri(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: qinghuamail-postgresqlfans(at)yahoo(dot)com, postgresql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: how to create dir using pg/plsql
Date: 2007-08-29 16:28:25
Lists: pgsql-admin
I was under the impression that recent modern databases, like PG, allow you
to transfer  control to an out-of-system (system being the DB engine) module
(shared lib, dll). That is while triggers transfer control within the
system, now mechanisms exists that allow you to go outside of the system. In
that context, whence the control is transferred to a C, Perl or whatever
language, who is to stop that function from doing anything it wants.

I appreciate a clarification.