Re: How to import CSV file?

From: "Medi Montaseri" <montaseri(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Chris Hoover" <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org Admin" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to import CSV file?
Date: 2007-08-28 17:03:57
Lists: pgsql-admin
This might not be the quickest way, but it is a skill you'll be happy to
have gained.

Perl has a class (or module) called CSV.pm, you feed it a file, and it does
the rest (parsing it) and gives an array for each row. You can then alter
them (however you wish) and write them to a file suitable for pg copy, or
just use DBI to insert it into the PG. Which is basically an ETL (Extract,
Transform, Load). I know insert is slower, but the point was to show a
general way that will always for.

Cheers
Medi Montaseri