Re: PostgreSQL and virtualization

From: "Medi Montaseri" <montaseri(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Johann Spies" <jspies(at)sun(dot)ac(dot)za>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and virtualization
Date: 2007-08-27 17:04:00
Lists: pgsql-admin
Another view is...by the time you figure out all these virtualization
solutions you can buy a used box for less than $100 (no monitor needed) and
focus on the real test. By the way, in any  HA one issue will be the IP
takeover on the surviving node. Under the IP will be the Mac address of the
previous primary node which is now cached in switches and/or routers so a
rebuild of the ARP cache will be needed. I am not sure how these
virtualizations play the MAC game but minimally your test is tainted from
that point of the view

Cheers
Medi