Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3

From: greg(at)turnstep(dot)com
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3
Date: 2003-07-22 13:25:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> over 100 developers and

Should be "hundreds of "

> Significant advances in the new version include:

Since we last mentioned 7.3 at the end of the last paragraph,
a reminder of which version might sound better:

"Significant advances in PostgreSQL version 7.4 include:"

> Read only transactions, which bring a

Should be "bringing a" to sync with the previous paragraphs.

> while at the same time providing users real time suggestions

Reads better as "providing users with real time..."

> The implementation of SQL99 compliant Information Schema,

Should be "implementation of a SQL99..."

> Statement level triggers, enabling developers and users to define
> and customized behavior of the database when data is stored and
> manipulated.

Could have sworn I reported this one last time. Should be
"define and customize". The whole paragraph is also a little
awkward, IMO.

> A complete list of changes in PostgreSQL version 7.3

Should be 7.4.

> rock solid performance record

Perhaps just "solid"?

> PostgreSQL is available under a BSD License for both commercial
> and non-commercial use.

Expand on this license or link to an explanatory page for people
who may not know the advantages of this.

> How "overhauled" is the documentation?

I believe that this is mostly the layout, not the content.

- --
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200307220902