Datatype for MySQL Varbinary

From: "Bill P(dot)" <maxarbos(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Datatype for MySQL Varbinary
Date: 2010-12-14 21:25:16
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello,

I am in the process of migrating a mysql db to a postgresql one and there are a
few tables with columns with datatypes of 'Varbinary'
These columns store the AES_ENCRYPTed output of a value.

What datatype should I set the postgresql table.column to for this to be stored
properly?

I cannot decrypt the data and re-encrypt it into postgres, so the format and
content need to remain the same on migration.

Thank you.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Kenneth MarshallDate: 2010-12-14 21:45:17