Re: Error starting service on Win2k

From: "Conal Tuohy" <Conal(dot)Tuohy(at)vuw(dot)ac(dot)nz>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error starting service on Win2k
Date: 2004-09-20 21:47:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Magnus Hagander wrote:

> That is an interesting note. I've never seen "Power Users" contain
> Authenticated Users on any system I've installed, but the
> page certainly
> claims it.
> However, it makes no claim about Windows XP that I can see. Only about
> Windows 2000, and it shows the difference for the server platform.

The second link in my earlier email mentioned WinXP Professional, which is the same as Win2k Professional in this regard, so it is definitely still a current issue:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/windows_security_differences.asp

Probably most serious use of pg would be on a "Server" version of the OS, but there are probably a lot more boxes out there running "Professional", so I'd expect it to come up quite often all the same, especially (as for me) when people are first evaluating the software.

Cheers

Con

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: John R PierceDate: 2004-09-20 22:15:25