Re: Problems with newer linux odbc drivers

From: tomas(at)nocrew(dot)org (=?iso-8859-1?q?Tomas_Sk=E4re?=)
To: Chris Hoover <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with newer linux odbc drivers
Date: 2005-11-22 20:37:50
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Chris Hoover <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

> I'm having some interesting problems with the newer (v 8 and v8.1) odbc
> drivers. They compile fine on my RedHat 4 AS box. However, when I try to
> have some third party applications link against them, they complain about:

It sounds like you have misunderstood how to use ODBC drivers. Your
application shouldn't be linked with the psqlodbc driver directly. It
should be linked with an ODBC library (like iodbc or unixodbc), and
that library will use the database specific drivers (like psqlodbc for
PostgreSQL) specified in the odbc ini files.

I hope that helps you.

Greetings,

Tomas