Re: Enticing interns to PostgreSQL

From: "Christopher A(dot) Watford" <christopher(dot)watford(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: decibel(at)decibel(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enticing interns to PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-07-19 20:17:14
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

On 7/19/05, Jim C. Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org> wrote:
> The email below about FreeBSD's involvement in Google's Summer of Code
> got me thinking; would there be value in trying to attract college
> students to working on either PostgreSQL development, or using
> PostgreSQL in projects? Even though we missed getting in on the summer
> of code this year, ISTM that we could try targeting colleges,
> professors, and students directly. When it comes to development, I'm
> sure there's any number of TODO items that would make great coursework,
> for all different levels of students. As for using PostgreSQL, perhaps
> we could get database classes together with projects that could use
> help.
>
> Thoughts?

I have been lurking on the list with the intent of finding a project
to undertake while I finish up my BS in CompSci. I will be bored out
of my mind with classes and would benefit greatly from working inside
pgsql. I'd be very interested in any sort of pgsql project where I
could be of help. I have quite a few sites/applications that would
benefit from enhancements to pgsql (2PC+replication, clustering,
master-master) so there is also that motive.

my 2c,

--
Christopher Watford
http://dorm.tunkeymicket.com