Table exists but can't drop.

From: "Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S(dot) Baluyos" <ridvan(at)baluyos(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Table exists but can't drop.
Date: 2008-07-02 08:54:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all,

I have a weird problem. When I'm describing a table, I can see its table
structure. However, when I try to drop/select the table. It says that the
table doesn't exist.

I checked the rights of the user and only found out that I only have 2 users
for the database. I tried to login as user `postgres` and tried to drop it
again. But still it says that the relation doesn't exist.

pos=# begin;
BEGIN
pos=# \d gtmonitor2
Table "public.gtmonitor2"
Column | Type | Modifiers
-----------+---------------+-----------
pos | integer | not null
dt | date | not null
oldgt | numeric(16,4) | not null
newgt | numeric(16,4) | not null
txnamount | numeric(16,4) | not null
txncount | integer | not null
zcount | integer | not null
opencount | integer | not null

pos=# drop table gtmonitor2;
ERROR: table "gtmonitor2" does not exist
pos=#

What could the problem be?

Thanks in advance!

Ridvan

--
リヅバン バルヨス
ridvan(dot)baluyos(at)qualservcentral(dot)com

Registered Linux User #439466
Registered Ubuntu User #16034
Q: Have you heard of the Object-Oriented way to get wealthy?
A: Inheritance.