Replication Syatem

From: "Gauri Kanekar" <meetgaurikanekar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Replication Syatem
Date: 2008-04-28 13:38:56
Lists: pgsql-performance
All,

We have a table "table1" which get insert and updates daily in high numbers,
bcoz of which its size is increasing and we have to vacuum it every
alternate day. Vacuuming "table1" take almost 30min and during that time the
site is down.

We need to cut down on this downtime.So thought of having a replication
system, for which the replicated DB will be up during the master is getting
vacuumed.

Can anybody guide which will be the best suited replication solution for
this.

Thanx for any help
~ Gauri

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Peter ChildsDate: 2008-04-28 13:58:14