Ambiguities in ODBC Install Parameters

From: Typing80wpm(at)aol(dot)com
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Ambiguities in ODBC Install Parameters
Date: 2005-04-23 14:37:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I emailed the following request to  the author of the only ODBC for
SQLite. I thought I would repost here, incase  someone has some
insight.
There is something I would like to try and do  with involves LB,
SQLite, and MSAccess, but it would involve successfully  linking to
SQLite in Access via ODBC... So, perhaps someone here has  some
insight..  Thanks

_http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/html/_
(http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/html/)

I am working with Liberty Basic, and also with  MSAccess and
PostgreSQL on a Dell running Windows XP  (Professional).

This week I successfully did a windows install of  PostgreSQL (the
automated one, not cygwin) and I successfully installed the  ODBC for
PostgreSQL, and successfully linked to the PostgreSQL database  from
MSAccess using ODBC (though it was not easy).

Now, I have  installed your driver for SQLite.

I ran inst.exe from sqliteodbc-win32  download

I went to Control Panel, Adm Tools, ODBC and... here is part of  my
problem....

Data Source Name: ?????

Database Name:  c:/sqlitetest/singers.dbs

Lock Time Out: 2000

singers.dbs is a  working demo of SQLite downloaded from a Liberty
Basic site, and is  successfully opened by a demo program.

The other part of the problem is  in MS Access under Files, Externals,
when I try to link to your  ODBC...

I have tried SO MANY variations and combinations, using SQLite3  and
SQLite ODBC drive,... but MSAccess is never happy...

I would  certainly appreciate any advice or examples...

You know, I posted my  experiences regarding MSAccess and PostgreSQL
at the postgresql listserve  General, and someone wrote back to me,
desparate for step by step  instructions, and I was surprised, since I
am totally inexperienced in  MSAccess and VBA and ODBC, but after
several hours of experiments, I was able  to make it work....

just pointing out how helpful a demo page would be,  for people who
are less experienced...

Thanks in advance for your  help

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: lothar.behrensDate: 2005-04-23 17:55:34