-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The first release candidate for the new version of DBD::Pg is
now available for testing. This is a very major change from the
current version (1.49), so if you are using DBD::Pg, it is highly
recommended you test it out early and thoroughly, so we can iron
out any problems before the final release.
Among the major changes are:
* Full support for arrays: Perl arrays are transformed to Postgres
arrays automatically, and vice-versa.
* Asynchronous queries, which let's you start a query, go off and do
other things, and check back to see if it has finished, and fetch the
data when you are ready to. This also allows you to cancel running queries.
* The minimum supported version of Postgres is now 7.4.
* Experimental support for bind_param_inout().
The complete list is in the Changes file:
The tarball can be downloaded here:
SHA1 for this file:
Please direct any DBD-Pg specific responses, or any other questions or bug
reports, to dbd-pg(at)perl(dot)org(dot)
This version also implements three other major changes:
* Moved from gborg to perl.org
* Moved from cvs to subversion.
* Moved from two-part to three-part version numbers.
Greg Sabino Mullane greg(at)turnstep(dot)com
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200801152251
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
pgsql-interfaces by date
|Next:||From: Dennis Wang||Date: 2008-01-16 07:41:27|
|Subject: Re: URGENET: ALTER statement exectuation hangs when it
is executed multiple time on a t|
|Previous:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2008-01-12 23:32:11|
|Subject: NOTICE messages during COPY OUT|