Re: BUG #4668: Windows installer package

From: Harald Armin Massa <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Prachi <prachiar2(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4668: Windows installer package
Date: 2009-02-21 08:54:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Prachi,

the current Version of PostgreSQL is 8.3.x; you should use that.

To solve the problem with "> invalid username specified: logon
failure: unknown username or bad password.", change the password of
the postgres-user in windows to something you know and specify that
password.

You can do this via control panel, administration, computer, users and groups.

Best wishes,

Harald

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 19:07, Prachi <prachiar2(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Bug reference: 4668
> Logged by: Prachi
> Email address: prachiar2(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0
> Operating system: Windows XP
> Details:
>
> I had installed Postgres 8.0 on Windows XP but due to some promblem I
> uninstalled it.
>
> Now I am trying to install it again using the same setup i.e.
> postgresql-8.0.msi but it is giving error as
>
> invalid username specified: logon failure: unknown username or bad
> password.
>
> Please help me to solve this bug as it is urgent for me to work on postgres.
>
> --

GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare
Harald Armin Massa
Spielberger Straße 49
70435 Stuttgart
0173/9409607
no fx, no carrier pigeon
-
EuroPython 2009 will take place in Birmingham - Stay tuned!