Re: BUG #4646: Default password is patently absurd

From: Harald Armin Massa <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #4646: Default password is patently absurd
Date: 2009-02-12 10:46:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs
John,

> the postgres windows uninstaller probably should be offering to delete the
> postgres user account when it deletes the service, since the installer
> created that account in the first place.

deleting the postgres-windows-account is not really what someone
should wish for. As the files of that account (i.E. the
database-files) are tightly coupled with the account on Windows.

Just for reference:

postgres windows account may be killed and password-changed via
administration, computer, users and groups

or:

- to remove (be warned that when using windows crypted filesystems
this may be a real bad thing to do, and without them I would not
recommend it)
net user postgres /delete

- to change password
net user postgres NewPassWord98uL