pgadmin 8.3 beta 5: ERROR: permission denied for tablespace pg_default

From: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgAdmin Support" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgadmin 8.3 beta 5: ERROR: permission denied for tablespace pg_default
Date: 2007-09-13 08:00:49
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

it may or may not be considered as a pgadmin error:

I try to create an index on a column of a table. Using the pgadmin-wizard,
that results in:

CREATE INDEX otformularkopf_test
ON otformularkopf (id_pkfk)
TABLESPACE pg_default;

with NO chance to get rid of the " TABLESPACE pg_default" clause; so I
am stuck with "ERROR: permission denied for tablespace pg_default"

According to the words of Master Tom in
http://svr5.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-06/msg00947.php,
" Joe User probably shouldn't be fooling with tablespaces at all."

the "Joe User way" to create an index would be:

CREATE INDEX otformularkopf_test
ON otformularkopf (id_pkfk);

and allow Postgres to decide in which tablespace to put that index. But the
"tablespace" dropdown is not blankable.

So my suggestion: make tablespace default blank in the wizards.

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare