Recommendation of a slogan for PostgreSQL 8.2

From: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Recommendation of a slogan for PostgreSQL 8.2
Date: 2006-09-15 16:21:10
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

After rereading the "Whats new" section of
http://momjian.us/cgi-bin/pgrelease,
I recommend that PostgreSQL 8.2 should get a slogan "the polished release"

PostgreSQL 8.2 - the polished release

as a branding.

Because there are a great number of very important small additions. And as
stated by Josh a substantial performance improvement. But I cannot see any
single "big point" like the constraint exclusion from 8.1 or the WIN32
runability of 8.0.

And I think that's something PostgreSQL can and should be proud of: it is
capable of releaseing a version with a miriad of small, helpfull
improvements - without caring of having some "must-switch-elements" like
commercial vendors need.

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa