Re: Main page: about us

From: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Main page: about us
Date: 2006-07-29 06:20:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Robert,

Yeah, cause a lot of people accidentally type in postgresql and end up on
> our
> page wondering what we are.  ;-D

In fact they do. At least I do this every day: I find a word I do not
understand, highlight it, right klick and search in Google.
Hopefully www.postgresql.org is on high page rank for searches for
PostgreSQL.

So there ARE a lot of people dropping to www.postgresql.org to find out what
it is.
It is nearly agreed within the web usability communities, that a clear
information
"what is this about" is the most important thing of the "homepage".

at least:
"PostgreSQL is a highly-scalable, SQL compliant, open source database"

My 3 cents,

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa