Re: Emergency - postgre is not working

From: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "anika evans" <hianika(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Emergency - postgre is not working
Date: 2006-07-10 15:24:43
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-general

Anika,

thanks for the complete error description, I bet the culprit is in here:

> I recently updated my norton anti-virus and norton goback - and up until
> then - everything for my sambc was working fine now when I try and open
> sambc and I received the error message:

X 2006-07-09 22:09:19 [CORE] Connection to database failed (could not
> connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
> Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
> TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

We had many times trouble with antivirus and similiar products interfering
with the connections between pgadmin / psql and the Postrges Server.

I recommend to NOT remove the postgres account!!

Please try to configure Norton whatever to allow connections on Port 5432.
Or roll back that update.

Best wishes,

Harald

--