Re: Making the "Prominent Users" section easier to reach

From: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Guido Barosio" <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Making the "Prominent Users" section easier to reach
Date: 2006-03-16 06:23:31
Lists: pgsql-www
>> Speaking of which, could we drop the "PostgreSQL Revolution" thing
>> from the Users page itself?

>I'd be happy to.  What would you like in its place?

After reading the Wisconsin-Thread, I awoke this morning with:

PostgreSQL - works as documented.

and

PostgreSQL - supported by a community that does not put you on hold

"PostgreSQL - works as documented" is "stating the obvious" - but every
professional knows it's rather unusual for high tech products. With some
databases of some big vendor you really need some "initialization ritual"
(involving big money) to get to the deeper knowledge with the real thing
after missleading manuals.

regards

Harald

--