Re: Making the "Prominent Users" section easier to reach

From: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Guido Barosio" <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Making the "Prominent Users" section easier to reach
Date: 2006-03-16 06:23:31
Lists: pgsql-www
>> Speaking of which, could we drop the "PostgreSQL Revolution" thing
>> from the Users page itself?

>I'd be happy to.  What would you like in its place?

After reading the Wisconsin-Thread, I awoke this morning with:

PostgreSQL - works as documented.

PostgreSQL - supported by a community that does not put you on hold

"PostgreSQL - works as documented" is "stating the obvious" - but every
professional knows it's rather unusual for high tech products. With some
databases of some big vendor you really need some "initialization ritual"
(involving big money) to get to the deeper knowledge with the real thing
after missleading manuals.

GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare
Harald Armin Massa
Reinsburgstra├če 202b
70197 Stuttgart
When I visit a mosque, I show my respect by taking off my shoes. I follow
the customs, just as I do in a church, synagogue or other holy place. But if
a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the
public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And
that is incompatible with a secular democracy.