Re: BUG #1560: Service does not start

From: Harald Armin Massa <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: Joerg Ertl <joerg(dot)ertl(at)dog-gmbh(dot)de>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1560: Service does not start
Date: 2005-03-28 10:21:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Joerg,

I had this problem MANY times. Most often it was:

 - the service account lost it privilege to log on as a service

we suspect it were some interfering group policies.

It was possible to "reactivate" by opening service control panel,
reappling password. Windows then reported, that the "log on as service
privilege" was granted.

It worked again for some days.

Final solution was to build a domain account which belongs to the
"logon as service" group.

that is NOT a postgreSQL problem, as long talks with magnus revealed
... the rights are lost within windows, and postgreSQL-Service-Account
does NOT have privileges to change these rights.

So, maybe this problem which eat much of my time is the same with you..

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuasion python postgresql