Invalid Input Syntax for type Bytea

From: Erick Bautista <erickbautista2000(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Invalid Input Syntax for type Bytea
Date: 2005-08-23 11:18:21
Lists: pgsql-ports
Good Evening!

Our team is currently porting from Oracle to PostGreSQL.
For BLOBs in Oracle we used bytea datatype in PostGreSQL.
Whenever we insert a binary data in the DB, we get 'Invalid Input
Syntax for type Bytea'.  I understand that we need to use
PQescapeBytea before putting the binary string in the SQL statement,
however, the same error appears even if we use it.

Can somebody give us some advise on how to properly insert Bytea data
in PostGreSQL.

By the way, we are using ECPG.

Thank you!

--
Erick

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Martin PittDate: 2005-08-25 07:43:12