wal shipping/pg_standby docs patch

From: Frank Wiles <frank(at)revsys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: wal shipping/pg_standby docs patch
Date: 2009-03-25 19:20:51
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hello,

It has been awhile since I setup a warm standby server, so I dutifully
followed the documentation. However, the documentation specifically
suggests using 'cp -i' as the archive command. Granted, it does say
that it is only a suggestion and not a recommendation, but does
specifically mention it for Linux.

Wasn't three days before I was bitten by transferring a WAL file
before it was fully copied into the archive location.

Attached is a patch that makes the suggestion be 'rsync -avr' in both
backup.sgml and pg_standby.sgml.

Thanks!

--
Frank Wiles